Sunday, January 27, 2008

Not So Boring Games




When I was a little kid, I loved playing board games. My favorites were Clue, Life, and Guess Who. Before winter break, I couldn’t tell you the last time I played one of those games. However, some new favorites have been introduced to me, and I haven’t been able to stop playing.

Over winter break, I was addicted to Catch Phrase. For those of you not familiar with it, it’s a fast paced hot potato like charades game- without the acting. My friends and I would play it all the time, and it got pretty competitive. People would laugh at me when I would offer up the idea of playing a game, but once we started playing, we wouldn’t be able to stop. I laugh at myself when I think of how much time I spent playing Catch Phrase over break, but it was a nice alternative when we were bored, or didn’t feel like going out. There are so many new games out there that are aimed toward teen audiences, that you don’t feel weird or too old when playing them.

Not only do we play catch phrase, but also Apples to Apples, and SkipBo. I highly recommend any of those three games when you’re feeling bored, or want to have some good ole’ fashioned fun.

I warn you, Catch Phrase and SkipBo are highly competitive; so try not to get frustrated if you lose!

No comments: